KOREAN WAR EXPERIENCES
This is a program we began a couple of years ago (2006). It was designed to capture the personal accounts of our chapter members. The intent is to send a copy of each video to the Library of the National Korean War Museum where it will be digitized and added to the museum's permanent collection. It will then be available at the library, and also on the internet, for anyone to access. Each member also gets his/her own personal copy of the video.
Members who wish to be part of this program should sign up with Don Napp at a meeting so as to be added to the schedule. If you are a member who lives outside the Houston area and cannot attend meetings, you may still be a participant. If you have a family member, friend or neighbor with a video camcorder, you can have them tape your presentation and send it into the chapter:
KWV Lone Star Chapter
P.O. Box 802541
Houston, TX 77280-2541
1. State you name and branch of service. People who see the video may not know who you are.
2. It is best to prepare an outline beforehand. This insures you won't forget anything, and avoid rambling or repetition. List the main things you want to cover, then fill in the details.
3. Try to keep it to 10-15 minutes maximum. Remember that these are just highlights, not a detailed bilgraphy.
4. Rehearse it at least once before actually recording; it helps put you at ease.
5. Sit or stand, whichever makes you more comfortable. Most have been recorded seated at a table.
6. If you have visual aids (flags, maps, photos) use them. It will make your presentation more interesting.
7. Speak as if you are having a conversation with someone. Use the kind of terminology you normally use in conversation.
8. Relax and enjoy it. It's not a test and there are NO grades.
| ||© 2018, Korean War Veterans - Lone Star Chapter. All rights reserved.|